What’s the easiest tool to get ahead in this world? What separates you from the pack? How can you get ahead in your career?
Did you know
- 25% of adults (over 25) did not read a book last year
- 50% of people never read a book after finishing school
- It is exercise for your brain and improves your memory
- It prevents Alzthiemers
- Improves your vocabulary
- Makes you more interesting, gives you something to talk about
- Improves concentration and focus
- Improves creativity
- Builds your expertise
- It can change your life
- Reduces stress
- It can be done anywhere
- It’s cheap
If you read an hour a day, you’ll finish a book/week. That’s 52 books/year.
- The average person doesn’t read a book after high school.
- 85% of books are purchased by women.
- Only 5% will ever walk into a book store.
Want to become a subject matter expert? It’s easy:
- If you read 5 books on one subject, you are considered a subject matter expert.
- You can typically read 5 books on 10 subjects in one year.
- You could be a subject matter expert on 100 subjects 10 years from today.
Want to stand out in a crow? Crack open that first book. If you need some suggestions, I’ve got a reading list to get you started.
Most stats came from Pat Williams, VP of Orlando Magic – and – Ken Pugh, PhD, president and director of research of Haskins Laboratories, Yale University